History of Davy Process Technology
Towards the end of the 19th century, Dr Ludwig Mond (pictured here) patented a process for the gasification of low-grade coal to generate producer gas and recover ammonia.
On 16th July 1901, Dr Mond formed the Power-Gas Corporation Limited to exploit this process. He moved his research laboratory from London to Stockton-on-Tees and this started an association with NE England that survives to this day. Power-Gas became a major supplier of towns gas and, with the advent of oil refineries, a range of petrochemical technologies were developed as well.
Over the last century, our company has derived its strength from close technical collaboration with chemical manufacturers to develop process technologies with improved performance. What has emerged is a modern process development company that offers the process industries a range of cost effective proprietary process technologies that are available to licence.
In 1999 we opened a purpose-built Technology Centre in Stockton-on-Tees with resources carry out chemical process research and development, to operate our own mini-plants and to follow through with engineered designs in support of our technology developments. In 2001 we acquired from AAT, USA a portfolio of process technologies for the production of industrial amines and their derivatives.